What is the HAFA program?
The Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives or the HAFA program, was created to give struggling homeowners a way to settle their mortgage debt without going through foreclosure.
In 2009 the Treasury Department presented the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives and in early April of 2010 the programs where put into effect. However the HAFA program will end on December 31,
2012 2013! – Yes the Treasury Department extended the deadlines through 2013! Take advantage of it! One never knows what changes will be made once the election is said an done! Don’t keep struggling!
The HAFA programs offers two options for getting out of your mortgage, first is via short sale, while the other is Deed-in-Lieu (DIL) of foreclosure.
Are you Elegible for the HAFA programs?
1. Do you live in the home or have you lived there within the last 12 months?
2. Do you have a documented financial hardship? And owe more on your home than it’s worth.
3. Within the last 12 months you have not purchased a new house.
4. The current mortgage was obtained before or on January 1, 2009
5. You or the mortgage holder must not have been convicted of felony larceny, theft, fraud, forgery, money laundering or tax evasion in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction, within the last 10 years.
6. The amount the one owes on the first mortgage for the property has to be equal or less than: $729,750 for 1 unit, $934,200 for 2 units, $1,129,250 for 3 units, $1,403,400 for 4 units
Confused and overwhelmed by all this?
It’s easy to be!
Give us a call and we can help you navigate the chaos.
Find out your possibilities before it’s too late!
The HAFA short sale process differs from the standard short sale procedure, so make sure to set up a free sit down with one of our short sale specialist to find out your options!
Call or email Bradley for a no obligations consultation!
All information is confidential!
For More Information:
Principal / Acquisition Specialist @ Team Chais
Phone: (813) 928-4308